Arshad Warsi was so much fond of dancing that he joined a dance group in Mumbai.Profile
Date of Birth: 19th April, 1968.
Address: Kohinoor Apartments, 503 Yari Road, Versova, Andheri, Mumbai- 400 061
Debut Film: “Tere Mere Sapne”
Film Awards: Filfare Best Comedian Award for “Lage Raho Munnabhai”.
Arshad Warsi debuted with the Amitabh Bachchan’s first production film “Tere Mere Sapne” along with Chandracur Singh. “Tere Mere Sapne” did average business at box office and several offers followed. Arshad did a number of films after “Tere Mere Sapne” but most of them bombed at the box office. Then came “Munnabhai M. B. B. S.”, which proved to be a mile stone in his career and made him famous as circuit. Since then he has worked in several successful films such as “Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya”, “Salaam Namaste”, “Golmaal” and “Lage Raho Munnabhai”- the sequel to Munnabhai M.B.B.S… Arsad Warsi went on to win Filmfare Best Comedian Award for his performance in the film “Lage Raho Munnabhai”.
Arshad Waarsi has made a mark for himself on the small screen as well. He hosted a popular award show ‘Sabse Favourite Kaun’ for Star Gold channel. He was also the host of ‘Bigg Boss’ the Indian version of the British reality TV series Big Brother on Sony Entertainment Television.
Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal, Dhamaal, Kabul Express , Lage Raho Munnabhai, Golmaal, Salaam Namaste, Sehar, Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya, Kuch Meetha Ho Jaaye, Hulchul, Munnabhai M.B.B.S. , Waisa Bhi Hota Hai Part II, Mujhe Meri Biwi Se Bachaao, Betaabi and Tere Mere Sapne.
- He was also associated with an English Theatre group in Mumbai.
- Arshad Warsi and his wife Maria and son Zeke had a blink and miss appearance in the film “Salaam Namaste”.
- Arshad and his co-star Bipasha Basu were verbally roughed up by some white men while they were shooting for “Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal”.
- Arshad Warsi was orphaned at the age of 14 and struggled for a living in Mumbai during his early days.
- Arshad is married to model Maria Goretti and they have a son named Zeke Warsi.