Katreena Kaif was born in Hong Kong and then moved to Hawaii till she was about 14, then she moved to London. Presently, she lives in Mumbai.Profile
Date of Birth: 16th July, 1984.
Height: 5′ 8½” (1.74 m)
Debut Film: “Boom”
Film Awards: None
Katrina Kaif is one of eight siblings, all girls, from a mother who is a Caucasian of British nationality and an N R I father. Katrina grew up in Hawai and was brought up in London. She started her modeling career at the tender age of fourteen, when Katrina Kaif was approached for a jewelry advertisement. Since then Katrina did various modeling assignment in London. She got her break in the Bollywood movie “Boom” offered by the famous film maker Kaizad Gustad. The film was not successful at the box office but Katrina Kaif was flooded with modeling assignments because of her innocent expressive face and drop-dead gorgeous looks.
Katrina has walked the ramp for several top designers. Besides walking the ramp she has also been the stunning face of Estelle jewelry, Lakme, Pantene, Veet, Kodak cameras, L’Oreal, Samsung, LG etc. Katreena is not fluent in Hindi so her voice in Hindi movies is dubbed by a native speaker of film’s language but in the movie “Namastay London” she dubbed her lines on her own. Her recent films “Partner” with Salman Khan and Govinda and “Apne” with Sunny Deol and Bobby Deol were successful at box office. She has also done two Telugu movies “Malliswari” and “Allari Pidugu” and a Malayalam film “Balram vs. Taradas”. Katrina has learnt Kathak dance recently.
Hum Ko Deewana Kar Gaye, Maine Pyar Kyun Kiya, Sarkar, Boom, Nanhe Jaisalmer, Partner, Apne, Namastey London and Welcome.
- Unlike other artistes from foreign lands, Katrina neither experienced any difficulties in getting a visa nor of getting it extended in India.
- She worked for photographer Atul Kasbekar and did commercials for Fevicol, Lakme and Veet among others.
- Katrina Kaf is very particular about her clothes, which she wears a bold outfit on screen or for ads, but she feels more comfortable in not-so-revealing clothes in personal life.
- She refuses to speak about her personal life in the media.
- She was chosen as the face of the year for the Lakme India Fashion Week (2005).
- Her favorite Indian designers are Rina Dhaka, Tarun Tahiliani, Rocky S.
- Katrina’s favorite international designers are Armani, Versace, Miu Miu.